Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Scholarship Portfolio

I recently found out that I received a Competitive Scholarship at MICA this year! I thought I would post the work that I submitted for that portfolio.

I've posted this on my blog before, but here are three of my favorite floor plans from my Farmers Market Design that I did last semester.
This is from the same Farmers Market project. It's an axonometric drawing of what I wanted the outside of the building to look like.
These are stills from an animation that I made last year. The orange sculpture was designed for MICA's Cohen Plaza.
These were drawings for the same project.
 This was a small book holder that I designed, and was on display at the International Contemporary Furniture Fair(ICFF) last May. It is designed to fold to be completely flat when not in use.
This is a modular metal seating unit that I designed with two of my classmates fall of my Sophomore year. The structure was designed so that the legs of one person were situated under the bottom of another person, so that everyone could sit or lay closer to each other. The pieces can also be rearranged.
This is a study model that I made out of bass wood last spring. It turned out to have a really neat form.
This is a model of a home made from basswood and cardboard. Our assignment was to design a house for a couple to retreat to, located on a hillside in Turkey.
This is a map of Station North in Baltimore, MD. The map is studying the health of the housing in the area. The darker the buildings are shaded in, the higher their is a percentage of them being either boarded up or vacant.
I collaborated on this model with two of my other classmates. After studying Station North for a good part of the semester, we came up with this model to test how changing conditions such as housing, crime, and education in one block area can effect others. The blocks are strung together at the bottom, so if you pull up on one other blocks will move with it. There are many areas were the blocks are not connected though, representing areas that we found had little effect on each other.


 That is all!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment